Your Pets

MaryMary

Quite Contrary
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
My avatar for the month of August is Pretty Girl. :love: She is about 15 years old, give or take. I think she was at least a year old when she found me. I assume she was abandoned by people that moved out of the apartment complex I was living in at the time. :( The first time I moved, she just glued herself to my side. The boxes must have brought back a memory; I think she thought I was going to leave her.

Here is "The Mighty Hunter" on a camping trip.

0630001454Pretty.jpg

We went for a walk on a 7 mile nature trail. She got to the stepping stones, and she wouldn't cross them. I thought we'd have to turn back, but she went about 30 feet down the creek and just jumped from one bank to the other, and on we went! :D

0621001323walk.jpg

We did have to turn back once we got to the lake. :( There were blackbirds of some sort living by the lake. Bigger than starlings, not as big as crows. Lots of them. No sooner did we reach the clearing when they spotted her, and set up an alarm, screeching!!

:eek: "WARNING!! PREDATOR!!! WARNING!!" :eek:

I've never seen anything like it. At first I wasn't quite sure she was the cause for the ruckus, but she knew. She got agitated, and finally just fell on her side, hyperventilating. Not sure what the problem was, I thought she might be overheated, but that didn't make sense. I carried her to the waters edge for a drink, and that was when I noticed the flocks of birds winging in from across the lake! :eek:

We went back into the woods, and the birds only followed us a little way in. She perked up, and wanted down, so I put her down. By then I was curious, so I went back to the lake, and she followed me. The birds went off again, there had to be at least a hundred of them, every tree full, and all of them screaming at her. Same reaction, fell on her side, hyperventilating.

I wasn't sure if I had walked into a scene from The Twilight Zone, or an Alfred Hitchcock movie! :ROFLMAO:

Reaction score
Country
Venezuela, Bolivarian Republic Of
I do not really have a dog at the moment, but what I do have are a couple of cats that really love playing and having fun on the grass, they look really funny when rolling on it playing with each other, it's so lovely to watch them.

Reaction score
Country
United States
I don't have any dogs, but I would like to get a beagle in the future! Right now all I have is 5 silkie bantams, a cat, and plenty of fish and frogs!

Reaction score
Country
United States
I currently have a cat that is over 10 years old and a male Bichon that is 4. Between the two, the cat is the smartest. But the advatage of the Bichon is that he enjoys riding in the car, so that I have a companion when I want one.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6 b
Country
Russian Federation
This is my cat Velyaminа, Velya.
веля.JPG

She lives in the city in winter and summer travels with us in a country house. A year ago, I wanted to sterilize it. But the vet warned that for good health the cat at least once must have offspring. I began looking for a suitable cat. But in the summer I had to leave, and I left the cat mom. Mom promised to closely monitor the cat and do not release.

However, I have seen of the cat gets fat in the autumn. I thought it was too good to feed her. Congratulate me, I was an idiot. The fact that the cat is pregnant, I realized at the last moment! Only then did my mother admitted that the cat ran away once. I quickly prepared the old box and disposable diapers. And I began to think who the father is. Around our house live very beautiful cats! And only one - shabby and terrible. Murphy's Law - that he was the father of the children.

IMG_9534.JPG

IMG_9549.JPG

IMG_9562.JPG

IMG_9565.JPG

IMG_9574.JPG

When I saw 2 black kittens, I understand - hello, the problem! I thought no one take! But no - it took the very first like hot cakes!

The biggest problem was our old dog! She loves the little creatures - birds, hamsters ... Of course, she immediately fell in love with the kittens. She constantly kicked the cat out of the box. She was not allowed approach to the kittens to anyone, even me.

IMG_9537.JPG

Fortunately, all the kittens have found new good family.

Attachments

• IMG_9563.JPG
    IMG_9563.JPG
    38.1 KB · Views: 199
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Beautiful cat, Larisa! And so cute about the dog. :love:

I've bottle-fed a couple of litters of kittens and my small dog Fiona is extremely attentive and mothering with them! This summer a kitten showed up out of nowhere...one of my neighbors has him now, he is a very spoiled indoor cat! But I had him for a couple of weeks.
20160912_183651.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6 b
Country
Russian Federation
Black kitty,too ! I am glad that so little superstitious people. Fiona -charming! Small dogs - so interesting! Especially when they look after someone. My dog's name is Aina.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Although they definitely aren't for everyone I've had ferrets for about thirty yrs now (God I'm old) and I can't imagine not sharing my home with at least a couple of the little monsters

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
I found a tame ferret in my yard once (over 20 years ago, I'm old too lol) and had the little guy for several days until we located the owner. I remember he was very cuddly and slept a lot. And not the slightest bit scared of my two Rottweilers, who didn't know what to make of him!

Logan

Logan
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
United Kingdom
Hi has anyone got any pics of their pets.
all five.jpg

My golden retrievers, sadly all gone now.
At the back from right to left and the oldest first.Bramble, Logan, Moss. At front from left, Willow and Bracken. Sadly Bracken died 5 weeks ago, he was diagnosed with leukaemia last August but it got too bad at the end.

Ask a Question