Your Pets

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6B
Country
United States
I have a quirky, three year old calico kitty named Callie-sue. She's a pain when she wants to be, lovable when it serves her purpose, and is definitely queen of the household. I love her to pieces, and the pieces to pieces... then I glue the pieces back together and love her to pieces again. I said that to her once and she gave me the most creeped out look I've ever seen. :ROFLMAO: That orange cloth in the photo is her 'pacifier'. She sucks on it and kneads it as if it were a momma cat. I call it her 'bippy'. She's the only pet I have right now, but I also love fish and have had several aquariums in the past.
1460233731203.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
13b
Country
Barbados
We have kept many dogs in the past as well as a couple cats. However, right now we own neither a dog nor a cat, and no other pets for that matter. I must say though, that even though we have kept dogs in the past, we never regarded them as pets. They were just watchdogs who were always kept on the outside of the house to keep out intruders. We never kept our dogs in the house, but I know that many people do this since they regard the dog as a pet and even a part of the family. I would say that the cats were more like pets than the dogs. They were always in and out of the house, would sleep on the couch and even at the bottom of the bed sometimes.

Reaction score
I own a 7 year-old Belgian Malinois that I love dearly although he's not as active anymore atleast we get to chill out at the couch. I also own a 4-year old shi tzu mix that runs around in my garden so that's fun except that my neighbors get annoyed by his barking lol. He's an aggressive little dog.

MaryMary

Quite Contrary
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
My avatar for the month of June is Little Man. He's the most lovable cat we have - to humans. He's a bit of a bully to the other cats. "You WILL play with me, because I am going to roll you over and chew on you a bit. And if you try to run... well, then I get to chase you!!" :ROFLMAO:

He's a food snob. He'll eat the good stuff; steak, chicken, pork products. If you give him hot dog or bologna, he will stand over it until another cat decides he doesn't want it, and tries to steal it. Then he whacks them on the head! :LOL:

0109011623a.jpg

MaryMary

Quite Contrary
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
He sounds like quite a character! :LOL:
Oh my, yes!! Almost six years ago, we moved into this house in early July. He showed up on the back porch, friendly and scrawny, around October. I can't see an animal go hungry, so I fed him. When it got cold in December, he moved in.

Turns out, he "belonged" to the neighbor two houses up the street. They have since told the neighbor in the middle that - :eek: - we stole their cat!!

Now, about a week after he moved in, my boyfriend made the comment to me, "I see you got the cats a new ferret." (Little dollar store cat toy.) No, I had not gotten the cats a new ferret. Suddenly, we had two .ferrets!! The only thing we can figure, is that he went and got his ferret, and brought it here!! . . So we could not have stolen their cat. He packed his sh*t and left!! :ROFLMAO:

Reaction score
Country
United States
Currently I only have a kitten and her name is Cocoa. I rescued her from the bushes when it was flooding very badly here in Houston; and now she has became the love of my life. She was so little that she could barely walk. I had to bottle feed her and and help her use the bathroom. It was really sad to see a baby kitten so young without her mother. But now she is so full of energy and love! She's super social with people, very playful, and loves just being in the mix. lol. I'm blessed to have her in my life.
IMG_8195.JPG
IMG_8169.JPG

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
@cschiavoni, I love your dogs! :love: I fostered a Frenchie once, for about six months. She was hands down the cutest dog I have ever encountered. So cute it was ridiculous.

@robinsb, Cocoa is lovely and it looks like she has lots of personality. :)

Ask a Question