Of the ornamental sunflowers...

Reaction score
This one dominated the flower bed in summer.
17143537c8b31c2cc0b724e1c75498dde213c483.jpg

Copyright 2013 SproutSprite

Now, one singular gray stalk topped with a sparse seed head defies the January snow.
(I always leave the stalks and seeds for the winter birds.)

The Junco visits daily to find a snack though human eyes can see no morsel.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
This sunflower is so pretty and so big! I love sunflowers, they're so cheerful, looking at them is a pure pleasure. I think I'll try to grow them:)

Reaction score
The flower head on this one did not get as large as the heads on my non ornamental sunflowers but, it developed a profusion of blooms from many lateral shoots as the season continued. I think this is due to having been consistently pruned by deer in its youth.:cool:

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
You have deers there? It's so cute:) . I saw a deer near my grandparents house when I was a child, I still remember it. It was exciting:D . Deers don't live in my area, I live in a big city.

Reaction score
Deer are beautiful! I wish I had some photos of them to share. I can do a fine job of photographing something that cannot run away. Deer are another story. I do have several long distance shots and blurs!:rolleyes:

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
I know, taking photos of animals is so difficult. I have a dog, he is my little treasure and I'd love to have some cute photos of him, but he always runs away when he sees the camera. It's so good that flowers can't run away:p

Ask a Question