October Glory Maple

Reaction score
Country
United States
I just had an October Glory planted. I live in Louisville KY zone 6 /7. Can u tell me how to care for it? The landscaper said I should use 14-14-14 3 x per year.. Other forms say I should use 16-4-8 or slow release espoma tree tone.

I am at a loss. What is the best fertilizer for the October Glory and how often should I fertilize? Is there anything else I should know about caring for the tree!

Thanks shereen

Reaction score
Country
United States
In most cases, an in-ground planting of October Glory Red Maple (Acer rubrum 'October Glory') would not require any additional application of manufactured fertilizer, though I would recommend mulching under the tree with compost at least once a year, in addition to a wood chip or bark mulch. Overall, the October Glory Maple is an adaptable, easy care tree. Of course, please do post a picture of your tree and the soil in which it is growing, as that can provide us with much additional information about its health and growing conditions.

Ask a Question