Oak Tree - budding issues...

Reaction score
Country
United States
All,

Have an Oak tree in my front yard that has done great since we planted it. However, this spring it seems to have issues budding out with new leaves. At first, I thought it was due to some hail storms we had but that is definitely not it and it seems to be stunted and having issues budding out leaves.

Trying to remember the specific type of Oak but can't recall. I've attached pictures of the weird stunted growth this spring along with a picture of the leaf for better identification.

Live down here in north Texas just above Dallas. We've had a beautiful spring and it should really be busting out now with leaves.

Any help in identifying the issue and how to resolve it would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Tom.

Attachments

• IMG_0619.JPG
    IMG_0619.JPG
    77.7 KB · Views: 306
  • IMG_0620.JPG
    IMG_0620.JPG
    50.7 KB · Views: 308
  • IMG_0623.JPG
    IMG_0623.JPG
    58.1 KB · Views: 281
  • IMG_0624.JPG
    IMG_0624.JPG
    50.6 KB · Views: 264
  • IMG_0625.JPG
    IMG_0625.JPG
    32.5 KB · Views: 321
  • IMG_0626.JPG
    IMG_0626.JPG
    31.7 KB · Views: 299
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
All,

Have an Oak tree in my front yard that has done great since we planted it. However, this spring it seems to have issues budding out with new leaves. At first, I thought it was due to some hail storms we had but that is definitely not it and it seems to be stunted and having issues budding out leaves.

Trying to remember the specific type of Oak but can't recall. I've attached pictures of the weird stunted growth this spring along with a picture of the leaf for better identification.

Live down here in north Texas just above Dallas. We've had a beautiful spring and it should really be busting out now with leaves.

Any help in identifying the issue and how to resolve it would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Tom.
Looks like a Mexican White Oak. Don't worry it will leaf out. We have had a really strange winter and spring.

Ask a Question