Now my winter rye really is beautiful

DrMike27

Trust me...I’m a doctor.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United States
Did a second over seeding back in November and now everything is looking amazing. Really helps that Phoenix has been getting some uncharacteristically wet conditions over the last month.
AED3A821-7D55-40FA-8BE9-8D6F3FA1AD49.jpeg

Reaction score
Country
United States
Looking good for now! What temperature does ryegrass grow best? About 60 & 75 degrees: Cool season grasses such as Annual and Perennial Ryegrass, grow best when the soil temperatures are between 50 and 65 degrees F. These temperatures usually occur when the daytime air temperatures are between 60 and 75 degrees.

Air temperatures higher than 90 degrees Fahrenheit cause ryegrass dormancy, while soil temperatures soaring past 85 degrees Fahrenheit cause significant root die back. Autumn is the perfect time for ryegrass seeding, typically between August and October. Because temperatures are falling between the turf's necessary range of 50 to 90 degrees Fahrenheit, germinating seeds and seedlings have ample warmth, and less weed seed competition, to establish quickly in your yard.

Ask a Question