Novice!

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hey all,

Recently bought a house in North Texas, I now found myself wanting to learn on how to keep it looking great with the gardening aspect of it! Which i never thought i'd say until i actually bought the house!

Just posted in the lawn forum for advice on my newly laid lawn - looking forward to it fully growing and the patches disappearing :)

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Welcome to the forum :)

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
United States
Gardening in Texas is interesting. We are in central Texas and love to garden, both vegetables and flowers/shrubs.
You'll love your little patch of heaven, learn what works and what doesn't, and revel in your successes.
Welcome, and please keep us updated on your progress.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
The first and easiest lessons can be had by attending garden walks. They abound in spring and summer and you can steal all sorts of good ideas from everyone in the world. You'll see stuff and tell yourself, "I can do that!" You can study how something is done and pick brains and avoid things that sound good but are not worth the effort. There are lots of garden clubs of every stripe, so keep an ear to the ground and you'll stumble upon one that will appeal to you. Enjoy!

Reaction score
Country
United States
Bonjour! What is your favorite flower?

Pansies! loved them since i was a kid, always thought they looked like they had an angry face on them.

The Wife is a fan of Roses, specifically the David Austin ones which she's already got underway. I'm originally from England and my granddad has got a ton of them in his garden, she's picking inspiration from his collections each time we visit.

The first and easiest lessons can be had by attending garden walks. They abound in spring and summer and you can steal all sorts of good ideas from everyone in the world. You'll see stuff and tell yourself, "I can do that!" You can study how something is done and pick brains and avoid things that sound good but are not worth the effort. There are lots of garden clubs of every stripe, so keep an ear to the ground and you'll stumble upon one that will appeal to you. Enjoy!

Thanks for the info, i'll be sure to look out for these.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Hello and welcome to the forum! :)

Ask a Question