Novice alert!

0xy

Reaction score
I grew up watching my uncle and grandfather plant tomatos, corn, squash, and other things everyyyy year!
Unfortunately I lived in an apartment with no patio and I found it very hard to maintain any indoor plants. I finally got a house and a 12x12 area to plant a garden. As well as a little 'hedge' which is 12x2 and completely shaded (very hard for me to grow anything there!!!) I'd like something pretty to grow there... some color...

I've only managed to successfully grow tomatoes >.> I think I planted my corn to close together because it was like smurf sized corn...

My green beans grew very well :)

My eggplant and squash won't grow more than 4inches long.... tasty but kind depressing?

ANYWAYS. I'm here to learn.

Reaction score
It seems, for me anyway, one year I have several things that do really well, and the next maybe something else is outstanding. This year was peppers for me, man do I have peppers. I took monster bell peppers to work to give away, some one asked me if I had bought them at the store, just amazed at how great they did. I also think I rushed planting my seeds this spring, I did not have good germination because I believe the ground was still too cold. So much to consider actually, when planting a garden.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Hey there, welcome to the forums! :) Where abouts in the world are you?

Ask a Question