Nothing to do with getting older.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Keir Hardy
Country
United Kingdom
I've just ordered myself a seat for my leccy golf trolley.

One of these, they clip on to a bracket bolted to the frame or the trolley. The trolley doesn't take your weight, the rod passes through a sleave and the end rests on the ground, a return spring lifts the base off the ground when you get up. The lot comes off apart from the bracket before you fold the trolley down to put in the boot of your car.

0025-17-Deluxe-Seat.jpg

I've not bought it because I find it necessary due to old age.

Today, my partners and I were held up on most holes by the group in front. So what I really needed was a deck chair, they were taking so long over their shots.

It was the last straw!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
Once I went hiking for a week up the Appalachian trail. My uncle, an eagle scout and professor of history was in charge as I was 14. He had a HUGE chevy impala, the big old heavy metal version. At our first night and base camp He popped an entire mattress out of the trunk. I was astounded! I was fully prepared for camping but not that kind of luxury. He said if you could carry the comfort then why would you not? He was always a study in practicality.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Keir Hardy
Country
United Kingdom
Back in the seventies, we had a Mklll Ford Cortina GXL. exactly like this, other than ours was 4 door.
One like ours was featured in the UK drama series "Life on Mars."

UK family cars tend to be smaller than their USA equivalents.
But with this, if you pushed the front seats forward and lowered the backrests, they would meet the front edge of the back seats, so effectively you has a double bed. Few British family cars would be like this at the time, or since.

Ask a Question