Noreen seed pods

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Please can anyone advise, I have been given some pods off Noreen flowers and would like to ask if they can be grown from the seeds in the pods and when is the best time to plant the seeds. Many thanks.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Welcome to the forums. I have never heard of Noreen flowers, but am assuming you might mean Nerines. If that's right, you should sow ripe seeds straight away.
1627566117021.png
These would be ready to sow - nice and dry. Keep your seeds warm to germinate. They will take about 4 or 5 years before they flower.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Welcome to the forums. I have never heard of Noreen flowers, but am assuming you might mean Nerines. If that's right, you should sow ripe seeds straight away. View attachment 83852 These would be ready to sow - nice and dry. Keep your seeds warm to germinate. They will take about 4 or 5 years before they flower.

Please can anyone advise, I have been given some pods off Noreen flowers and would like to ask if they can be grown from the seeds in the pods and when is the best time to plant the seeds. Many thanks.

Hi Tetters
Thank you for your reply, I think I have got the name wrong and they are as you say Nerine, I have tried to add a photo of the pods which were given to me by a neighbour who also told me the incorrect name, I will plant them now ad you advise, and patiently wait in the hope that they flower, can you offer any advice on where would be best to purchase Nerine bulbs from and when to buy and plant them.
Many thanks again for your help

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Gwyn, you don't need to always hit the ''reply'' button ;) - you can just rant on like I do if you like.

There are lots of places online that sell bulbs, and lots of catalogues that have glossy pictures in them, but personally I'd rather find a local nursery and buy what I want there - that way you can see what you're getting and pick out the stuff you like best (and usually in my case spend half the housekeeping money on tempting plants at the same time)
1627634670594.png

Ask a Question