No seeds for the money

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Went to Lowes yesterday to buy some seeds and garden soil. Purchased a package of Ferry-Morse Basil seeds and there wasn't even dust in the package. Spent $1.59 and got nothing. Sent a politely worded nasty email to their parent company but have yet to hear from them. Now i have a 4 gallon planter full of fresh soil and nothing to grow. It's a 45 mile back to Lowes so i can't make a special trip.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
That's terrible! Maybe try reaching them on Twitter - companies don't like public complaints and they are more likely to respond ;)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
don't have facebook or twitter. i'm anti-social like that. If i don't hear from them soon i will sign up to every gardening forum to spread the word about them.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
13b
Country
India
Sorry to hear that, actually no seed is better than dead seeds, you don't get false hope that they will germinate after few days which never comes.

Have you tried to reach them by phone, it might solve it sooner.
Give negative comment is bad for business.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
United States
We are in Texas, too (central Texas) and I have found that the local hardware store is a great place to buy seeds. You can feel the seeds in the bottom of the packet or shake the packet to hear the rattle of seeds before you buy and make sure you are getting seeds, not dust. If you have an Ace Hardware near you, try them. The seed packets are reasonably priced and our Ace has a great selection.
I

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Just heard back from Plantation Products, the parent company of Ferry-Morse, and they said they would sens a replacement package of seeds. Now all we have to do is see how many months it will take.

MaryMary

Quite Contrary
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
It actually surprises me a bit that they contacted you so quickly! :cool: Two to three days is pretty good.(y)

I don't think it will take months. You'll probably get them within a week to 10 days, depending on if they went priority mail, or regular post.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Zone 8b
Country
Netherlands
Had the same happen to me, but it was a gift from my mother in law :( She bought a starter set to grow jalapeño chillies and gave it to me. It didn't even have a package or anything. So I ended up with just a bunch of soil. Maybe next year...

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
facebook or twitter is actually a good place to complain if you have no joy from the expensive phone calls. A guy said that it cost him to phone from Ireland to the UK, I suggested FB or T and instantly, they promised him a replacement. These companies spend money using them to promote a good image. The word is SPEND MONEY. They wouldn't want you to mess up their image.

Ask a Question