Nicotiana Dwarf Appleblossom

Reaction score
My Nicotiana was growing wonderfully. The landscapers managed to spray my entire patio full of plants with dirt and whatever else, there seems to be something wrong. I’m not sure of a coincidence that after that it isn't doing so well. My Nicotiana seemed to get the worst of it. I wiped it all down with a soft wet cloth. Now I don’t know exactly how to describe the condition, so I've posted photos. Those things that look like little bugs aren't moving. I don’t have a magnifying glass to confirm. I’m not sure I have the greatest eyesight these days. My Google searching hasn't shown any repeat issues, or many common problems at all for this plant.
Any input is greatly appreciated. I just love this plant and want it to get better.
Thanks!
-Iris
Flowers, Nicotiana.jpg
Nicotiana (1).jpg
Nicotiana (2).jpg
Nicotiana (3).jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
They look like Aphids to me! Ladybirds love to eat them, but you could also try an insecticidal spray.

Reaction score
I looks like aphids to me too. The best and natural way to get rid of them is to get some lady bird. I love seeing them in my garden. They are doing my plants a world of good when I don't watch over them.

Reaction score
Other things you can do is spray with some oil based soap (I've used Murphy's; I've also used plain dishsoap, with good results). You can spray with cold very strong tea as well, but with this you need to do it daily, a couple of times a day.

Ask a Question