New urban gardener from Michigan :)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Zone 5b or 6a who knows
Country
United States
Thank you for this board...Was doing some Googling of gardening boards that could be helpful resources for me and came across this one. I am only in my 2nd year of gardening, and the 1st year wasn't so awesome. A very short summer and 2 German Shepherd puppies is a recipe for disaster. This year, we are building fencing and getting our beds ready for our seedlings. I started gardening because of how expensive food was getting. Another big thing for me is the selection of produce especially in the winter. Its tasteless and I was sick of it. So, we are trying to grow our own nutritious food and hopefully have lots of frozen/canned veggies for the winter. I can't wait to ask a million questions and happy growing everyone!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Welcome! :)

This is my second year gardening, too. The first year sucked because we had to move mid-season and I didn't get much out of all my work, but this will be better. You'll find lots of nice people here with plenty of advice :D

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Hello and welcome aboard! Great to have you here (y)

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
United States
Welcome! This is a great place to find answers and advice. After gardening for over 45 years, I still learn a lot from these kind folks.

Reaction score
Hello there! Welcome to the forum, I hope you enjoy your stay here! I'm sure you will get a lot information that will be helpful for your gardening project :) I'm sure you will be able to grow really tasty and nutritious veggies!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Zone 5
Country
United States
Just thought I'd say "Hi"! I just joined and I'm in Michigan too! :)

Ask a Question