New to vegetable garden

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
Been checking with finger daily to see if soil is moist and watering when I think it’s on the dry side. Sweet pepper looks like it’s either not getting enough water or pest. Looking for some knowledge

Attachments

• 8137E8C7-24CA-431C-B284-77790F03C18F.jpeg
    8137E8C7-24CA-431C-B284-77790F03C18F.jpeg
    147.1 KB · Views: 132
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Been checking with finger daily to see if soil is moist and watering when I think it’s on the dry side. Sweet pepper looks like it’s either not getting enough water or pest. Looking for some knowledge
Browning leaf tips and leaf margins are telltale signs of a plant staying too wet at the root zone. Under magnification, I see white eggs of some sort but as of yet, insects haven't done much damage or at least not shown in the picture. There are some tiny holes but they are fairly old. A plant will tell you when it needs water. Its leaves will droop or be wilted in the AM hours.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
Thank you. I’ve watered 3 or so times a week but it was thought ground was dry checking with finger but I’m a complete newb at it. Will water less for sure.

Ask a Question