New - Seriously HUGE tomato

Reaction score
If you thought that last years " SuperSauce Tomato " was pretty enormus - then what do you think of this new variety ?

The Steakhouse Hybrid Tomato - its a monster of a size too - weighing in at 3 lb :D

it is apparently - the Worlds largest tomato ever to have been bred and is said to be full of heirloom flavor and fragrance - tasting delicious either hot or cold :)

Just look at the size of it - this one seriously HUGE tomato :love:

tomato steakhouse. platejpg.jpg

think tomatoes this size would certainly get your neighbors attention :D

tomato steakhouse hybrid two hands_lg.jpg

Tomato steakhouse hybrid hand.jpg

For anyone wishing to grow them - the seeds are available to order online :)

If you live in The States - the seeds and the young plants will be on sale at all good garden store in the early spring.

I would really like to be having a go at growing these super huge tomatoes this year - but for now have to imagine how good these tomatoes would look growing in my vegetable garden and how my neighbors would be secretly admiring them :D

How about you - are you going to be growing this super huge tomato - this year ?

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Cor, that would be interesting to try.

All up in the air Gardening wise this year though, will have to wait till i'm settled again.

Reaction score
That is an enormous tomato. I may try growing a huge one like this. One tomato could probably make several quarts of tomato sauce.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
I dream of eating a tomato like this! It would make a perfect snack, haha, I really love tomatoes, so I never have enough of them :D
I'd like to see the whole Steakhouse Hybrid Tomato plant, I'm wondering if it's giant too:)

Pat

Reaction score
Country
United States
For a tomato to be that large what size is the plant and how many would grow on one plant. Yes, I would love to have a tomato that large to go in my salads and make salsa. Don't need to many of those at one time to ripen.

Reaction score
claudine - me to - oh how I would love to snack on tomatoes this size :love: it would be like a dream come true :D but think I would get the most fun out of seeing my neighbors faces - when they saw these monster sized tomatoes growing in my vegetable patch :giggle::D

Pat - Would be great - and you wouldn't need many per head either when making a salad or salsa - think one on its own would easily do the trick :D
As for the size of the plant - its only slightly larger than the average tomato plant at around 5 - 6 ft tall and wide - but they do as you can imagine - need staking well

zigs - thats a shame - but am sure that any of us who manage to grow this monster sized tomato this year - will be keeping you informed as to how good they are - so that you can have a go next year after we have tested it for you :D

Reaction score
That is a massive tomato. I don't have a yard at my new place, just a container garden, but maybe they'll start selling these at my local farmer's market so that I can at least taste one. I'm also a tomato fan and I think one of these would make a few good tomato sandwiches.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
claudine - me to - oh how I would love to snack on tomatoes this size :love: it would be like a dream come true :D but think I would get the most fun out of seeing my neighbors faces - when they saw these monster sized tomatoes growing in my vegetable patch :giggle::D
Haha, I'm sure that their facial expressions would be priceless, especially if you didn't tell them that it's a special tomato variety:p:LOL:
I think I should make myself a tomato sandwich, looking at pictures in the first post in this thread made me hungry! There is nothing more yummy than a tomato:love:

Reaction score
Haha, I'm sure that their facial expressions would be priceless, especially if you didn't tell them that it's a special tomato variety:p:LOL:
I think I should make myself a tomato sandwich, looking at pictures in the first post in this thread made me hungry! There is nothing more yummy than a tomato:love:

Haha - yes - have to admit I would get a great of pleasure out of seeing the astonished looks on my neighbors faces - as they looked enviously at my monster sized tomatoes - I would be :sneaky: though and wouldn't tell them - that my plants were of a special variety - that naturally grew to monster proportions :giggle::D
A tomato sandwich sounds like a really great idea - and right now - just wish I had one the size of these to make it with :D

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
Haha - yes - have to admit I would get a great of pleasure out of seeing the astonished looks on my neighbors faces - as they looked enviously at my monster sized tomatoes - I would be :sneaky: though and wouldn't tell them - that my plants were of a special variety - that naturally grew to monster proportions :giggle::D
A tomato sandwich sounds like a really great idea - and right now - just wish I had one the size of these to make it with :D
I'd, too, let my neighbors think that I grew a giant tomato naturally. It would be so funny:D:D
If I had a tomato like this right now, in front of me, I'd put a lot of mayonnaise on it and eat it:cool:. I know that mayo is unhealthy and most people hate it, but I'm addicted to it:love:

Ask a Question