New Project - mulchr.com

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hi all,

My neighbor got about 4 yards of mulch from a tree service that was working in the area, and I see posts on craigslist every now and then offering free mulch in certain areas of our town.

I decided to start mulchr.com, which is a site that allows users to register if they want mulch from tree services in their area (for free). Tree services can search the database to find local people to take their mulch (we ensure the services are licensed and insured before they get access to the database).

This saves the tree services a trip to the dump and the dump fee, and gives local folks free mulch.

This is not "sterilized" mulch like you would get at the store in a bag, but it is good local, organic mulch that is free.

What do you think?

https://mulchr.com

Reaction score
Country
United States
That's a great idea, something like that should be set up here in the U K

Hi Robert - thanks for the note. I don't see any reason why this won't work in the UK, actually, you should be able to register and verify your email address and phone number. We are able to send SMS (text) messages over there.

You should be able to register in the UK and it should locate you just fine, give it a try if you'd like. I'd be curious to know if you have any trouble ([email protected])

We also have a Facebook page. If you go over there and share it we will start marketing to tree services when we get enough traction in the UK :).

Colin

Retired.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

What an excellent idea creating a win/win situation.

Here in the UK it pays to browse the web for anything free; I've posted an advertisement on "Preloved" saying if any tree surgeons are working in our area and want to dump a free load of shredded chips we can take a few loads with easy access to our driveway; I only posted the advertisement yesterday so its a bit early yet to get a reply.

I've also looked at local tree surgeons websites; many of these sell loads of wood chips which compared to buying from garden centers the loads are cheap even if a delivery charge is added; it saves all the heavy hassle of transporting from a garden center.

Every year we have lots of tree surgeons working our neighbourhood many visiting us to ask if we want our big trees pruning; the tell tale is the buzz of the chainsaw and the the chipper in action so next time I hear these I'll make enquiries.

I've now got access to well rotted horse manure this being free found in Preloved and for as much manure as I like as long as I take along bags; shovel and transport; last week I brought twenty bags of this manure home only costing me time and a drop of fuel.

Four years ago our lovely neighbour was giving away a limed oak fitted kitchen this being top quality; it pays to browse the web for freebies. Our local refuse center won't allow visitors to remove anything from the site.

Kind regards, Colin.

Ask a Question