New Pots

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
Australia
A little while back i purchased 4 new planter pots for the deck but they don't have bases.
And I can't put them on my timber deck without something under them.
They are square on the bottom.

Does anyone have a solution. I can't return them & besides that, I really like them.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
The Dollar Store usually has large, disposable, serving trays in various patterns and sizes. I use them under my large pots and throw them away when they get old and stained.

MaryMary

Quite Contrary
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
If for some reason @Tjohn's suggestion won't work, could you post pictures of the pots so we have an idea of what you're working with?

Is the reason you can't put them on the deck because you don't want them leaking on it? I've had some success using waterproof silicone to plug the drainage holes in a few of the pots on the wooden windowsill. You just have to be more careful not to overwater them since the excess can't leak out.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
Australia
Thanks for that Tjohn. I searched the nurseries, hardware, Big W never thought of the cheap shops. I just notice you said serving trays like in the cooking section?
That's interesting thought.
Will check them out today.

Here's a pic of my 2 pots that temporally have plants in them.

Attachments

• tmp_8455-_20170310_0918271818098283.JPG
    tmp_8455-_20170310_0918271818098283.JPG
    187.1 KB · Views: 247
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Our local Dollar Tree has fake "silver" serving pieces ( yes, in the cooking or more likely, the party section) I'll bet would look very nice under those.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
Australia
Rito will check out soon. Thanks heaps!
Will show u what I come up with.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
Australia
These grey plastic plates are ABSOLUTELY PERFECT for my pots!! I got them at Dollars & Cents. I've had the pots for 12 mths or more so now I can finally pot them up - all 4 of them.
Good job for Saturday! I might even get another set of plates for when they need replacing.

Thanks so much for this brilliant suggestion.
Having trouble uploading photos think internet is doggy atm.

Reaction score
Glad you got it sorted. I was going to say (and for future reference), cutting the bottom quarter (or third) off a larger pot makes a good external housing for a smaller pot. Looking at the pic though, you've found a perfect solution!

Ask a Question