Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Zone 5
Country
Canada
The New Post menu does not reflect New Post. In fact, there seems to be no indication that it reflects anything useful. One would expect a new post to come up on top immediately. This is not the case.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
The new posts button should show any new posts that haven't been read - so for example, if you clicked the button after making this thread, it would not appear as you've already seen it. However, now that I've replied this thread should appear on the list, and it would take you to this post.

It's personalised to each user, rather than a list of all new threads :).

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Zone 5
Country
Canada
The new posts button should show any new posts that haven't been read - so for example, if you clicked the button after making this thread, it would not appear as you've already seen it. However, now that I've replied this thread should appear on the list, and it would take you to this post.

It's personalized to each user, rather than a list of all new threads :).

It might be useful if New Posts reflected posts after the last visit. to the site. Or even last posts say for an eight hour period or some time interval.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
I'm quite limited in being able to customise what happens on the new posts page, however it should do something similar to your suggestion already. There should be a break down the list where it says "
Threads below this have not been updated since your last visit but have unread messages". Anything above that line is new since your last visit :)

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
When you've entered New Posts, click on recent posts and that will reveal the threads you've already viewed.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5A
Country
Canada
Okay, what are we expecting the moderators to do? Yes, they could hire programmers and custom build. Then it wouldn't be free.

I am happy to be here for free.

I run two forums and the members don't pay anything and they understand that, once again, they can't expect a designer forum for free.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
The New Post menu does not reflect New Post. In fact, there seems to be no indication that it reflects anything useful. One would expect a new post to come up on top immediately. This is not the case.
If you click on 'new posts' then scroll to the bottom you will see all the 'new threads' (latest) that have been created recently. This is what I use when I stop in after reading what is on my 'watch' list.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
I have had no problems with the new posts section. It shows me things that have been posted recently that I have missed out on during my time away from the site. Once I have looked at, or responded to a thread, the new post goes away because it is no longer new.

Ask a Question