New Member!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
I am excited to find a gardening forum. I live in Oregon, it has challenging rainy and icy winters. I am on this forum to find help in wintering a bouganvillea indoors, under a plant light. I am on week 2, and it is starting to sprout new leaves. I would like to find out how often to water, and what size plant light should I use, as far as wattage needs. Thank you! Oh and I am a California native, and I love my bouganvillea plant that reminds me of home.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United Kingdom
Welcome Jen & hope the forum here is of help and you find some information in getting your bougainvillea through winter. I Cant help you on Wattage lighting. but have grown one indoors with good natural light through windows & kept it on the dry side just keeping it moist when watering I'd always make sure it drained excesses water in winter & only water again when it was looking and feeling dry. Just picking the pot up if not to big will tell you if it is dry, due to the lightness of the pot. Hope you get plenty of good tips Jen(y)

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
88.gif

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b or 10a
Country
United States
I am excited to find a gardening forum. I live in Oregon, it has challenging rainy and icy winters. I am on this forum to find help in wintering a bouganvillea indoors, under a plant light. I am on week 2, and it is starting to sprout new leaves. I would like to find out how often to water, and what size plant light should I use, as far as wattage needs. Thank you! Oh and I am a California native, and I love my bouganvillea plant that reminds me of home.
welcome...I just found this site a week ago...It's fun, if not a tad confusing where I'm at...My best friend lives in Bend. I'm in slo county CA. This morning I woke up to a bright orange sky...red sun...and smoke and ash coming up from Santa Barbara fires. Had me worried until I checked what was happening. Made it 'real' for me though. The fires are bad, but we're pretty far away. This morning, it was like...wait...what's happening? About plants: I have a San Diego Red Bouganvillea. They are all gorgeous, but that red is just brilliant. I kill many house plants on a regular basis, so can't help you there. Can't seem to kill Dieffenbachia, tho.

Colin

Retired.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Welcome to the forum from me too Jen. (y)

You certainly get extremes of weather in Oregon; Bron and I used to watch Ax Men TV series set in Oregon and they had a tough life of it.

Kind regards, Colin.

Ask a Question