New!! Lights or heating pad?

Reaction score
Country
Canada
hi all. I got a few plants that were growing but now dieing because not much sun here in Montreal. Snow snow snow!' I have read heating pad is good but light. What does the pad do? Which is better? Where can I get a small one?

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Zone 5
Country
Canada
k2-_c4510977-4060-4dc5-803f-650b6afc154b.v1.jpg

$16.87
Sunbeam Heating Pad with UltraHeat Technology, 000756-500-000
Buy a heating pad from the local Pharmacy or Walmart.

Heat is essential for starting seeds from 20 to 30 degrees C. After the seeds sprout they need light. A window is usually sufficient. Artificial lights are seldom worth the fuss and muss.IMO

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Yeah, I'm a little confused. What your growing plants need is light at this point, not heat. Since they've already germinated and started growing.

CFL bulbs or grow lights might come in handy if you don't have sufficiently sunny windowsill space. They're widely available online or in hardware or grow shops.

Reaction score
Country
Canada
The problem is I'm thinking a light or pad because my window does not give a lot of sun ;( and some of my growing plants are dieing ;( and we still have snow. I didn't know that the pad is only for seed starters on the lights is for after so thank you so much for letting me know on that starting the season it's OK it's afterwards growing them to be stronger..

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Yeah, I'm a little confused. What your growing plants need is light at this point, not heat. Since they've already germinated and started growing.

CFL bulbs or grow lights might come in handy if you don't have sufficiently sunny windowsill space. They're widely available online or in hardware or grow shops.

Ya that's what u need lights!!

Reaction score
Country
Canada
image.png
image.png
I search online and found these but what if my plant grows bigger not sure if the hight is good.
image.png

Ask a Question