New Homeowner, looking to start a garden

Reaction score
Country
United States
What's up? I'm Nick from Lakeland, FL.
Recently inherited what look like some citrus trees along with the home I recently bought.
I'm looking for advice on treating them and my dying lawn, and hopefully start a garden.

Reaction score
Country
United States
Greetings, welcome to the Forums.

If you seek specific advice on the Forums, please post pictures and give detailed descriptions of your garden conditions and any concerns you may have.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Before we got a more permanent home I started several gardens, all fairly small areas in rented places. My method was to dig out a reasonably deep trench and chuck all the organic material I could get in it from shredded paper to kitchen waste. Then I covered it over and grew runner beans for the first year. They seem to be able to cope with anything so long as there is something to hold the water for them and I got a crop out of the garden in the first year. When they came down I chopped and composted the above ground plant and chopped the roots up with the spade and dug them into the soil. They contain the nitrogen beans produce, and had grown through the compost, that gave me a decent bit of soil to go forward with.

Ask a Question