New home

Reaction score
Country
United States
i just bought this home in Arkansas, Zone 7b. The home faces north. I want to completely overhaul the current scheme. It's too formal to my liking (too manicured). I would like to put in some lorepetulum varieties, 'Sunshine' ligustrum, and other stuff. I'm doing my research and gathering ideas. That's where you come in! Any suggestions would be great!

Attachments

• IMG_3494.PNG
    IMG_3494.PNG
    234.2 KB · Views: 243
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
United States
Lovely home! I agree--the landscaping looks as if they had someone come in to trim/prune/regiment the shrubbery. May I suggest that you wait a full season before changing or removing anything? It is surprising what will come up on its own or take its natural form if not trimmed. Waiting will also give you time to think about colors, textures and forms that you want.
Welcome to GF, and we'll give suggestions if asked (or not!) and enjoy your progress!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Welcome! Love that big porch. I agree the current landscape "design" is unimaginative and stilted...needs more beds, native plants of differing heights, more interest and color for sure.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
10a
Country
Australia
Lovely new home darrell and what an exciting project. Strappy plants between them all would soften the look, either just greenery or even salvias would add some color and variety and then a garden bed could "ooze" out from the end of the footpath maybe:). Good luck with it and keep us posted.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Welcome to the forum, congratulations on your new home,give it time and see what it does next spring the you can give it your own touch.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4 to 5 best for success.
Country
United States
Congrats to your new home. Advice --take your time. make lists, make sure the right zone, the right place. Haste makes waste. Chose from the head not the heart. Research the plant. If your planting scented plants/shrubs --how does the wind blow. do you want to provide food for birds, and or attract butterflies. do you want 4 season plants/shrubs or three season (both).

also, most important, the soil. good soil is half the battle for success and saving money.

Ask a Question