New gardener

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hello! I started working in a garden for the very first time ever last year. The garden consisted of 6 beds, an arbor with two more beds at each side, and a cage which is two beds at each end and a smaller sized bed as the center. I was overwhelmed with the challenge. I grew up taking care of established plants at home and even worked at a florist for several years during peak season, or when I wasn’t in school during summer at times. I had never planted a seed and actually raised a plant. This here was not just that, but an entire garden I was entrusted with to plant seeds and raise vegetation! Food! To feed the family! I was daunted at the concept and expectations.

Well, here I am… with alittle more knowledge of growing food and tons of questions lol. This year there were 9 new beds added to the first years and it has been such an experience. Many edible flowers and herbs were included in the garden as well as new vegetables too. I had many rewarding outcomes both years so far and decided to finally join a forum where I can speak to other more talented and wiser individuals that are willing to help and advise a community of gardeners. I appreciate the quick response I have already received on my first attempt to reach someone here. Google is great, but there is nothing like firsthand real life experience. I don’t just want to go by what I look up online. I want to be able to learn from those who have been there and literally done that.

So with that said I humbly ask my questions and receive any help I can get. Thank you all!

Reaction score
Country
United States
Indeed, gardening is a constant adventure of new experiences and lessons. I know I learn something new every day.

Reaction score
Country
United States
Bonjour! Well I have nasturtiums, borage, Pandora poppy, violas, sunflowers, marigolds, gladiolus, i tried lilies but they did not flower :(, and zinnias

Ask a Question