4 I think
Country
United States
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpeg
Good morning folks , I'm lee , a Brit living in the good ol USA. I live in an historic home built in 1775.
Although I'm not much of a gardener I am trying to be on account of the huge half acre English looking country garden I own (last owners where avid gardeners).
I'm here to try and become the gardener my yard deserves and get some feed back from you fine folks on what I have done so far.
A little about me.
I'm a avid metal detectorist and carp fisherman.
I'm the North Atlantic butcher of the year.
I own an English bulldog.
I am very much a clown as you find most butchers are.
I'm going to try and upload some pictures of my back garden for your viewing pleasure or horror as the case me be

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
You have a beautiful house and garden! Welcome to the forum :)

Reaction score
Country
Nigeria
Welcome Lee,
Your garden is going to be amazing if you put a little bit of work to it. Though the existing plants are beautiful, a little more landscaping would give the house a glow.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Welcome, what a gorgeous house and garden! I love your plans to make an "English style" garden, lots of potential there. :)

I had neighbors with two English bulldogs, they were real characters (both dogs and neighbors.) I have a black Lab, a little mutt and an English mastiff. Small, medium and humingous lol.

Reaction score
Oh my! What a lovely house! Look at all that space you got to work with! The potential of your place is huge :) I think you have come to the right place if you are looking for some inspiration :)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4 I think
Country
United States
Thanks for the great welcome folks, I have this picture in my noggin of how I want the garden to look when it's finished , the big problem is the culvert at the bottom of the garden , you can't see it in the picures but it dips off down to a small stream or storm drain type thingie and it's always damp , difficult to know what to do with it ... Idears ? .... It's an area 60 ft long by 30ft wide ... Stream runs down the middle and is only about an inch deep.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Thanks for the great welcome folks, I have this picture in my noggin of how I want the garden to look when it's finished , the big problem is the culvert at the bottom of the garden , you can't see it in the picures but it dips off down to a small stream or storm drain type thingie and it's always damp , difficult to know what to do with it ... Idears ? .... It's an area 60 ft long by 30ft wide ... Stream runs down the middle and is only about an inch deep.

How about cattails or some sort of tall native grass that enjoys "wet feet"? You'd probably attract redwings and some other swamp-loving birds, frogs too. I know some people who have a swampy drainage ditch alongside their house and it's thick with tall grass and reeds all seaon.

Ask a Question