New Flower Bed Edging ??

Reaction score
Country
United States
I will be enlarging an existing flower bed and large rock will be my edging but I'm thinking I need to put something inside the rock to keep the grasses and etc from growing between them. What would you do and how? TIA

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Keir Hardy
Country
United Kingdom
I will be enlarging an existing flower bed and large rock will be my edging but I'm thinking I need to put something inside the rock to keep the grasses and etc from growing between them. What would you do and how? TIA

Hi and welcome.

Grass has a habit of growing best where you don't want it.

Over ten years ago I edged the border and three feature beds with small block paving bricks laid on a bed of fine concrete mix over hardcore. Then pointed up between the bricks with sand and cement mortar. I did it over two days. No grass grows between the bricks and I can run my Flymo over them when I mow the lawn so, no "edging" either. They looked a bit "in your face" for a few months.

P1020360.JPG

P1020975.JPG

P1020332.JPG

Over the years, they've really weathered, so they hardly notice. This was last year. You'll see them half way through this video.

Ask a Question