New Chainsaw

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
I bought a 92cc saw so I could run a 36 inch or so bar. I do not use one that often, mostly I use
IMG_20180916_154628.jpg
my little stihl 18 and my echo 58volt trim saw. I hope it holds up, but if something breaks, it is a clone of the stihl ms660 so I can get better parts. It was just nowhere near 1200 dollars so I bit and bought it. Its not light though. I will say the weight makes it handle well going through the old wood I have cut so far.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
I am a sucker for hot deals and would rush to buy the "deals". The Bosch drill turned out to be very heavy. Never again. I now realised that hotdeals sites are for suckers and I'm definitely on the suckers' lists!

Hope you'd very careful with chain-saw. Make sure Becky is near you whilst operating the tool.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
I am a sucker for hot deals and would rush to buy the "deals". The Bosch drill turned out to be very heavy. Never again. I now realised that hotdeals sites are for suckers and I'm definitely on the suckers' lists!

Hope you'd very careful with chain-saw. Make sure Becky is near you whilst operating the tool.
So - no beer? Yeah this machine in dangerous enough I am looking at safety chaps. And loud enough I need hearing protection. It literally makes my ears hurt.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6A thru 5B
Don't go cheap on chap. I found Maddans had the best price on good chaps.
the advice to keep Becky near is not good advice at all. Keep the area well clear of people while working the chain saw.

I've been knowen to cuss a blue streak when the saw pinches when I was sure it would not do so.

:D Al

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
Yes this latest machine is a 7 hp engine spinning at 13,500 rpm and running a long chain. Having a problem under power is likely to involve serious injury if you have protection, and worse if you do not.

Ask a Question