New baby carrot

Meadowlark

No N-P-K Required
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
old zone 8b/new zone 9a
Country
United States
Harvested a new to me "Atlas" baby carrot today (from Parks seed) that I tried for the first time.

Compared to my reliable Nantes carrots(pictured on left) these are probably a little sweeter and better for relish trays maybe...but for canning the Nantes is still my choice.

small carrots 2019.JPG

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Zone 5
Country
Canada
"Atlas" baby carrot today (from Parks seed)

Discouraging online reviews. I would like but will pass. Worst reviews ever encountered.

Meadowlark

No N-P-K Required
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
old zone 8b/new zone 9a
Country
United States
I'm very glad I didn't get your review, LoL, and didn't see anything but positive ones.

They are very easy to grow...and very delicious....but thank you for the comments.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Only saw the one review on Park seed. Might give them a try in the fall. I'm rather enjoying growing carrots (great snack!). Wish they were in see tapes though, such a hassles dealing with individual seeds.

Meadowlark

No N-P-K Required
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
old zone 8b/new zone 9a
Country
United States
Yes, They are a very fine seed....very difficult to space out. I just plant them thickly and eat the thinnings. Here in East Texas November is the best time I have found to plant and let them grow all fall/winter.

Great eating garden veggie.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Zone 5
Country
Canada
Those small carrots would be a good replacement for the sculptured mess sold in supermarkets as baby carrots, which are actually large carrots cut to shape and bathed in chlorine. They look great. I must get some seed.

Ask a Question