Neem is a natural pesticide!

Reaction score
hello gardeners,
Pests and other such intruders are the biggest headache any gardener will be having. Fortunately, I have never had that problem at all in my life as a gardener.
This is something that I learn from my grandmother. Using Neem as a pesticide actually helps in the healthy development of plants in your garden.
This is what I do. I take some organic soaps which are chemical free and add them in the warm water. Warm water because it helps in blending all the liquids together.
Then I add a spoon of neem oil to the liquid and mix them well.
Spray this liquid to your plants. ( you can avoid the organic soap also if you do not want it. The effect will be the same ).

Let me tell you in detail.
Neem oil does not kill the pests directly. It only alters the cycle of the pests. Altering leaves the pests in a state that they do not feed or breed on the plants. Isn't it that simple. Your plants stay chemical free.
I recently even read somewhere that neem oil extracts are very effective on the grasshoppers too. It is effective if you spray it once in a week to keep your plants health.
Hope it helps you all.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
Essential oils are very useful and Neem is one of my favorites. I will now add another, Thyme oil, as it too interupts the transitions of insect life cycles. In the case of Thyme oil, its prperties extend to root knot nematodes, a lesky worm whose apparently extensive family has taken up residence in my vegetable garden and no doubt elsewhere among the decorative plants.

MaryMary

Quite Contrary
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Well, it took me a long time to get adjust to the format, especially, I used control + to make the page very big so that I don't have to struggle reading the small font. I could actually change the setting, perhaps.

When I returned the page to normal, I found that the NEW threads are on my right hand side .. @DirtMechanic , you're not alone. Hope you come here more often.. Neem oil is good, I just find it expensive.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United States
I don't use any x-icides in my yard, but I've heard a lot about Neem oil, seems like everyone likes it; however, I have also heard that it basically kills everything. That's a contradiction to the op's explanation of neem.

BTW, I'm sick of reading about "chemical free..." neem is a chemical, everything is a chemical, nature is very good a producing chemicals that will kill just as good as synthetics.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
13b
Country
India
I am from another gardenweb and have not yet adjusted to the format. In time I hope to become a smooth operator.

It's good, if someone find and post something in old threads, so others may get a chance to read it too.

You are luck, there are so many informative threads that get buried, I wish I could read them all.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
13b
Country
India
I don't use any x-icides in my yard, but I've heard a lot about Neem oil, seems like everyone likes it; however, I have also heard that it basically kills everything. That's a contradiction to the op's explanation of neem.

BTW, I'm sick of reading about "chemical free..." neem is a chemical, everything is a chemical, nature is very good a producing chemicals that will kill just as good as synthetics.

I thought it was easily available, whatever works(y)

4 O' clock has anti fungal properties, I have not tried it yet.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
I have a small phone screen, big thumbs and poor eyesight. A typographically lethal combo. When I do log in on a PC, I find myself shocked by my spelling. I am glad it is not possible to start a fire with my digital ability.

Ask a Question