Need Ideas For Late Season Planting

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
Looking for some info on what if anything is good for planting this time of year. Recently started canning so I am looking for some vegitables that I would still be able to plant this late in the season.

Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Looking for some info on what if anything is good for planting this time of year. Recently started canning so I am looking for some vegitables that I would still be able to plant this late in the season.

Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks
What is your location? Cold weather comes sooner for some folks

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
central Pennsylvania we usually go late november mid december before it falls below 32 degrees or it has for the past several years that is. Looking for something that can be canned or pickled and eaten over the winter months

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
central Pennsylvania we usually go late november mid december before it falls below 32 degrees or it has for the past several years that is. Looking for something that can be canned or pickled and eaten over the winter months
About 90 days until first frost then? You can probably get in a good crop of green beans and cherry tomatos if you can find a good tomato plant this late. Plant your cabbage, brocolli, cauliflower seeds ASAP. As soon as the soil temp is about 50F plant spinach. When the nighttime temps are in the 50's plant lettuce. You can also plant root crops like beets and carrots when the nighttime temps hit the low 60's

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Green beans sounds like a good choice to me will have to see if I can find some
wilhiteseeds are a good place to find beans. They ship fast, are reasonably priced and have a big selection. Be sure to get bush beans, not pole beans

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
i did find the site had to google it for the link you posted for some reason did not work correctly. Ordered a couple things very affordable pricing,,,, thanks

Ask a Question