Need ideas for front garden

Reaction score
Country
Belgium
Hi all - first time post. I'm also new to gardening. Attached is my front garden and i could use the help of those with more experience for some design ideas.

I plated this rectangle of boxwood and heather on the corners, tulips around the middle (fading now but came out great) and crocuses around those before that. I am waiting on a stone bird bath for the centre.

I was wondering - what can go for the rest of the garden? Wood chip? Grass? A range of plants between the border and the boxwood or all around? I was going to look to fill the space between the border and the boxwood but don't really know how that would turn out.

I am going to amend the soil in the rest of it anyway as it's very clay soil. Any design ideas would be greatly appreciated thank you!

Attachments

• 20200501_113608.jpg
    20200501_113608.jpg
    365.5 KB · Views: 161
Reaction score
Country
United States
Welcome! Your yard looks way super sweet, and when your finished, you will be contented by its beauty. Hardwood mulch would be the lowest cost, and fastest way too. The mulch will hold water and keep the weeds out as well has hold temps steady..

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hi! It looks so nice! We have a small lawn in front of our house, the former owners of the house didn't do anything there, so we had a lot of work. We planted green grass, a few tulips, roses, and installed a lantern. In summer it was very beautiful, I will try to find a photo!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
some crocosmia ?? would add height.. lucifer grows about 3 ft.with red spikey flowers or one of the other varieties..emily mackenzie are not as tall and yellowy orange flowers

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
1607280036760.png
You can make small gardens seem bigger by using trellis and arches for climbing plants. Maybe even find space for a small seat.

Ask a Question