Need help with these varieties Four O'Clock Please Look

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7B
Country
United States
I have always wanted a flower bed of different varieties of the Four 0'Clock plant. While some may not be suitable for my area, I would still love to give them a try! There were my Mom's favorite. She grew them for most of my life. Wishing I had some of her seed! :) Sort of a "Memory Garden" for Mama. I have tried many sources online and just can not find these for sale, let alone trade. Someone has GOT to know a way for me to find these! Ideas? Referrals? Anything? Please? :)

Winged Four O'Clock (Mirabilis alipes)

Hairy-Tuft Four O'Clock (Mirabilis comata)

Broadleaf Four O'Clock (Mirabilis decipiens)

Giant Four O'Clock (Mirabilis gigantea)

Flat-Top Four O'Clock (Mirabilis glabrifolia)

Bashful Four O'Clock (Mirabilis pudica)

Macfarlane's Four O'Clock (Mirabilis macfarlanei)

I think that is all. Just the impossible for me, I tell ya! lol

Also interest in any other of these that you might of knowledge of how to obtain.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United Kingdom
Welcome BotanicalBoi. :) I've had a look around on the internet and I think your best chance would be growing from seed. There are a number of British sites that may be able to help you.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
10a
Country
Australia
Welcome BotanicalBoi and thanks for the introduction to your 4 o clock plants. Just looked them up and would love something that flowers later in the day. Good luck with your search.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7B
Country
United States
Welcome BotanicalBoi. :) I've had a look around on the internet and I think your best chance would be growing from seed. There are a number of British sites that may be able to help you.
I would be very willing to purchase international. Do you have any of these site handy? Thanks so much!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7B
Country
United States
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7B
Country
United States
Welcome BotanicalBoi and thanks for the introduction to your 4 o clock plants. Just looked them up and would love something that flowers later in the day. Good luck with your search.
Thanks for the kind welcome. I do love these plants in general. Some of the desert types are tough to grow here in Ga. but so worth the effort. If you like Four O'clocks or are looking for a fragrant afternoon/evening bloomer, I would highly recommend The Sweet Four o'Clock. So easy to grown. For some reason, the strain from the gardens at Monticello are much more fragrant than others. Check it out if you have the time :) https://www.monticello.org/site/house-and-gardens/in-bloom/sweet-four-oclock

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7B
Country
United States
I'm sorry I couldn't be of further help, it would seem that the only Mirabilis available to us here is Jalapa as Becky has shown above. :(
Np problem. Most of the wild species that I want would pretty much have to come from someone that has access to the plants in the wild I supposed. Many are desert and prairie wildflowers. I will continue my search and thank you for your help!

Ask a Question