Need help identifying a tree!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
I've been wondering what type of tree that is in the top right corner, I've been wanting to make a garden like this for a long time now and this tree suits it perfectly! Link - http://eastexasarboretum.org/
Well, if the pic was a tad bit larger and closer I could probably tell you what it is since I have lived all over Texas. I can tell you that the tree will only thrive in acidic soils because that is what all of East Texas is.

Reaction score
Its really difficult to see it with that picture, impossible to identify something like that without a better photo. Can you find a better picture or you may see one near where you live.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7B
I can't tell what kind of tree it is either, however, it is the shape that a lot of fruit trees have, so I think that you could use a fruit tree in the garden along with the flowers and veggies that you grow there.
It seems to me that if a tree is just going to produce shade, or it is going to also produce a crop of some kind (fruit, nuts), then it is better to have a tree that also gives back something useful besides shade. Plus, they usually have more blossoms if they produce fruit, although some are just flowering varieties, and those are pretty, even when they don't give you any fruit.
I think if you just find a tree that you like that will have this general shape, and is hardy where you live, it would probably work fine for the garden.

Ask a Question