Need annual plants i could grow in a greenhouse.

Reaction score
So i'm gonna build 2 greenhouses ( they're gonna preferrably be corner ones so i can put them up on either corner of the balcony.
In one of them i'm gonna have tomatoes, bellpeppers, broccoli and maybe some herbs if i still have seeds for them (i find them very difficult to grow since they're soooo small, i always kill them, but i wanna try again with peppermint and skullcap).

Anyway, back to the story at hand, for the second greenhouse, i'd like some pretty annual plants. What i have in mind so far are these 2 peony poppies that i really like, i'll try to get some pictures up.

Any suggesstions? I'm quite new to this, and i find it quite stress relieving.
Thanks in advance!

Reaction score
Poppies are the first plant that came to my mind. I'm not sure of any others. Good luck in your search though.

Reaction score
I was ognna say i was gonna have poppies and other annuals in the other greenhouse, which is then why i'd liek to have some more annuals. Preferrably low maintenance

Reaction score
Hi Sebastior - Although you've said that you are planning on having two greenhouses - one for growing edibles and the other for growing flowering plants - you haven't mentioned which way these greenhouses face or the type of climate you live in - which would be of help in determining what plants to suggest.

As for annuals are generally considered to be fairly high maintenance plants - what with all the deadheading and extra watering and fertilizing they require throughout the summer months - I wondered as you are looking for flowering plants that would be low maintenance - if you have considered planting perennials instead - especially as there are many varieties of perennial that are just as pretty - if not more so - that require a lot less maintenance and water - yet reward you by coming back year after year :)

Reaction score
Well i've been thinking of growing some annual poppies (my favourite).
Maybe a few of 3-4 different types.
But i'd like like something else as well.

The greenhouses will be on the balcony which has sun most of the day, it gets scorching hot there at noon and sometimes keep it really really hot for several hours after noon, then it starts cooling down.

Reaction score
You could try and grow the smaller varieties of sunflowers, they are fairly tolerant of the heat as long as they get water. Same thing with marigolds, very durable plants.

Reaction score
I found a couple good ones i wanna try.
Amaranthus tricolor
Chrysanthemum carinatum - I have to ask, is this a poisonous variety? Or are all the varities poisonous?

Ask a Question