need a heavy duty garden hose

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hello, im looking for some advice on what kind of hose to get. I need a heavy duty hose that can be hooked up to the faucet and can be left on without it leaking. Ive gotten 3 hoses so far all 3 of them leaked after a while. Any recommendations?

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hoses are not designed to your purposes. Stop doing that. Describe what you are trying to do.

My nan has a disability and can not walk to well. so shes trying to get a hose so she doesn't have to walk to turn on the water faucet. I do it for her when im home, but im not always home.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
Stainless steel hoses are a possible. Will it be run over by cars? Where were the leaks on the other hoses? At the end fittings or in the hosepipe itself?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
it wont be ran over by cars. the leaks were at the fittings.
Do you feel that the cheap rubber washer usually found inside the end fittings was intact? For 1 or 2 dollars a sack of them can be obtained and refreshed at the beginning of summer and beginning of fall. Perhaps it is a maintainance issue since those washers are intended to be replaced?

Reaction score
Country
United States
A good hose that will hold up will be heavy to drag around. If she is doing just one area you could always put a run of plastic pipe down and hook a faucet up to it. Bury the pipe a few inches below the ground. I have seven areas around my house that I have done that and it makes it really easy to water.

Ask a Question