Nasturtium leaf problem

Reaction score
Country
United States
Can anyone guess what may have caused the nasturtium leaves to do this?
FA7F06D8-3C98-40E6-8D33-D2B43B4B5C6E.jpeg
8DEC1EE0-1AE5-407D-89AF-37C5AC4BA9B4.jpeg

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Welcome to the forum :)

My guess is they got wet and then had the sun on them.

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hmmmmm!!! Weird it would only happen to select leaves and not all leaves. They get wet from rain.

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Aphid damage is the usual suspect with them but I couldn't see any signs of them from the photos :)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Blackfly is the common problem with nasturtiums, one of the reasons they can be useful as companion plants. If your plants have suffered at all - whether the insects are there now or not, they may well have introduced disease and mould. It is quite possible that if you garden organically, that is refraining from spraying everything with poison as some gardeners do, the ladybirds and other beneficial insects have already dealt with the blackfly for you, and all you need to do is remove the infected leaves.

Reaction score
Country
United States
Blackfly is the common problem with nasturtiums, one of the reasons they can be useful as companion plants. If your plants have suffered at all - whether the insects are there now or not, they may well have introduced disease and mould. It is quite possible that if you garden organically, that is refraining from spraying everything with poison as some gardeners do, the ladybirds and other beneficial insects have already dealt with the blackfly for you, and all you need to do is remove the infected leaves.
Thank you!!! I have been removing infected leaves and do not use insecticides or pesticides at all. I just made up a solution of baking soda and water and vinegar to spray on the plants.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I don't even bother to do that, I just wait for my insect friends to do the job for me and then tidy up a bit :giggle: It is brilliant to welcome another organic gardener to our forums (y)

Reaction score
Country
United States
I don't even bother to do that, I just wait for my insect friends to do the job for me and then tidy up a bit :giggle: It is brilliant to welcome another organic gardener to our forums (y)
Thanks again. This is of course considering it’s black fly. But no signs of flies or eggs under leaves or on plants. So not sure it’s a fly issue.

Ask a Question