Mysterious slow release fertilizer (tiny green spheres filled with liquid)

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Hi All,

I was wondering if anybody knows the brand of fertilizer which consists of tiny green spheres (about 0.1" or 3 mm in diameter). When squeezed, they pop and inside there is a whitish liquid. They are extensively used by growers (at least in Australia) and can be seen at the soil surface on many pots. I asked the people at the store if I can buy this fertilizer from them, but they don't know if they sell it or not. There are many, many types of fertilizers available for sale, but there are no photos on the package to show how they look inside.

Nick

Attachments

• DSC_4193s.jpg
    DSC_4193s.jpg
    27.7 KB · Views: 1,227
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
United Kingdom
Sounds like one of the professional slow release fertilisers for grass. There are sulphur coated ones which are available and they are greenish.

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Thanks for your answer. Sulphur is yellow so I am not sure if it is sulphur coated fertilizer. I did a search online and I found some product which is a polymer slow release fertilizer, which has about the same color as the one I've seen. It is mentioned to have a NPK content of 14-14-14. https://nick0611.en.ec21.com/Polymer_Coated_Controlled_Release_Fertilizer--762354_762435.html

I also found another link which is more likely to be related to the product I was looking for. It appears the spheres can be filled in with various nutrients. http://kochfertaustralia.com/products-and-services/polyon/

Last edited:

Ask a Question