My wisteria isn't very well :(

nikki

Nikki Moo
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Good evening everyone. I am one of those gardeners that either brings things back to life and is able to keep some things beautifully and then has serious issues with other things (I have given up with indoor orchids and outside monkey puzzle trees after killing 2). I bought a wisteria 2 years ago. He is in a pot (as I want to move and take him with me). Last year his vine grew long and curled around the arbour with some little shoots. This year, this vine and another vine started getting new little green shoots on it a couple of weeks ago but, these fluffy little shoots seem to be dying :( I saw a couple of ants in his pot so pulled him out and shook his roots off a bit - there weren't any more ants, just a few woodlouse and worms, added a bit of new compost at the bottom and gave him some feed yesterday but am really panicking. Does anyone know why this might have happened? Have given him a good water - here are pics of his shoots that seemed ok and now they aren't ...

Attachments

• DSCN0222.JPG
    DSCN0222.JPG
    50.8 KB · Views: 288
  • DSCN0224.JPG
    DSCN0224.JPG
    83.7 KB · Views: 289
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
I cannot believe it is hard to grow a wisteria. It is so aggressive. I imagine the small pot is not keeping up with the leafy growth. also some proper compost or wide spectrum micronutrients might be of help

Ask a Question