My succulent is dying and I don’t know why (it’s not overwatered)

Reaction score
Country
India
I’m not sure what this succulent is called. I bought it at a local nursery a few weeks ago with the Echeveria purpusorum that you can see in the photos.

I’m new to caring for plants. Having killed a couple of succulents recently due to overwatering, I made sure to water these two sparingly. They spend a few hours in either indirect sunlight or light shade daily.

I don’t know what went wrong. It looks like dehydration to me, but I’m not certain. Any help with diagnosing and/or solving the problem will be greatly appreciated!
image.jpg
177C92BB-A826-4AA2-89AB-7F4A79525233.jpeg
0C3E6F58-64F2-4CEA-B74C-403517F23905.jpeg

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
United Kingdom
What are you growing them in? From what I can see it looks rather 'claggy' for succulents. They need a very gritty, free draining compost.
If you have a problem with over-watering, then they need an even freer draining compost than normal. A friend of ours whose Cleaner would pour water on his plants grew his stuff in pure sharp sand to avoid the problem.

Reaction score
Country
India
What are you growing them in? From what I can see it looks rather 'claggy' for succulents. They need a very gritty, free draining compost.
If you have a problem with over-watering, then they need an even freer draining compost than normal. A friend of ours whose Cleaner would pour water on his plants grew his stuff in pure sharp sand to avoid the problem.

The same nursery prepared this succulent arrangement and this is the potting mix they used. I’m going to be repotting them in a cocopeat-perlite-sand-compost mix once it arrives (ordered it online).

Do you think this succulent is dehydrated?

Ask a Question