My start of the season, humble beginnings...

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5A
Country
Canada
These are a few of my pots in my smaller greenhouse.

I am cooking while playiny in the dirt my sun oven is at 325f and cooking two stacking pots full of spagetti sauce. One pot a notch above bland and the other, butt burner.!

Attachments

• april 2015 (1).jpg
    april 2015 (1).jpg
    202.5 KB · Views: 353
  • april 2015 (7).jpg
    april 2015 (7).jpg
    178.5 KB · Views: 385
Last edited:
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7b
Country
United States
The second pot sounds to be to my liking...the hotter the better!! :D Ya got some good jalapeno's to go on the side? (y) ;)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5A
Country
Canada
The second pot sounds to be to my liking...the hotter the better!! :D Ya got some good jalapeno's to go on the side? (y) ;)
I grow ring of fire, scorpion butch t's and morugas, 7 pot yellow, orange habs, devil's tongue, bhut jolokia (ghost pepper), brown douglah and this is the second year of carolina reaper. Sorry, no jalapenos!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7b
Country
United States
I grow ring of fire, scorpion butch t's and morugas, 7 pot yellow, orange habs, devil's tongue, bhut jolokia (ghost pepper), brown douglah and this is the second year of carolina reaper. Sorry, no jalapenos!

Ahhh...you've got the good stuff!!!! ;) :cool:

Throw me one of the ghost on the side....

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
That's a good temperature :)

Failed on the Chilli front this year, only one Peter Pepper germinated:(

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5A
Country
Canada
I started with the ring of fire about 12 years ago and worked my way up the Scoville scale . The reaper is the hottest yet, around 2 mill.

I can't tolerate hot/spicy foods but just about everyone of my friends love heat. Sundays we go to the pub for an hour in the afternoon and I take along some of whatever I have made in the morning. Today it's hot pepper bread, 6 loaves, 2 loaves of egg bread, a couple of baguettes and some chile con carne. We know a lot of bachelors and I think of them all as my boys so I make sure they get some home cooked items for their supper.

sometimes I just take jars of jams and jellies. They are all trained to bring back the empty jars for refills!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United States
I am cooking while playiny in the dirt my sun oven is at 325f and cooking two stacking pots full of spagetti sauce. One pot a notch above bland and the other, butt burner.!

Forget the plants, I want to talk about the sun oven! Did you build it yourself or did you purchase it? It gets sooooo hot here I know I could do some serious cooking with a solar oven.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5A
Country
Canada
I experimented with miirrors and a box to test the technology before I purchased.

The sun oven is isulated to the hllt. It works anytime the sun shines.

I bought it from sunovençom.

They allow women in third world counties without electricity to cook and make water potable. Wherever they are. Many are donated.

They are not inexpensive but they do what they say they will do.

I have baked bread, eggs, sauces, you name it in this gem.

cost me about 500.

well worth the money, even if just for the adventure!

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United States
I am definitely interested in one. I had asked a science teacher friend to help me make one, but we got busy and it never came about. It gets so hot here in summer I sometimes don't want to eat let alone cook, but making stuff in a solar oven while I am digging in the dirt appeals to me greatly!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
I like the idea of the butt burner spaghetti sauce, and it is amazing that you can cook it outside in a solar oven like that. I have never actually had ghost pepper before, but it seems to be the new popular food thing surfacing the US right now. It seems that every restaurant is making something with a ghost pepper.

Ask a Question