My spring flowers

Reaction score
100_6924.JPG
100_6927.JPG
100_6928.JPG
100_3314.JPG
100_3316.JPG

Reaction score
Nice thing about the Carolinas, we definitely have flowers in the spring. Azaleas and dogwoods everywhere. The third picture has my favorite flowers. The blue one is called Chocolate Chip Ajuga and the green starting to get the little pink flowers is lemon thyme. The lemon thyme is great to add to ice tea and drape a couple sprigs over fish when cooking it.

j.w

Reaction score
All very pretty and I can't wait till my plants and trees start blooming. My little Star Magnolia has lots of buds!

Reaction score
They are Crape Myrtle, one of the other most popular plants in the south.

Reaction score
Beautiful pics! Crape Myrtles are really popular here too, they come in so many colors and their bark is really pretty. I've heard of Ajuga, but not Chocolate Chip Ajuga.....love that and the way it looks next to the Thyme. Sure wish I could grow Azaleas like that, seems I always kill them.....love yours!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Gorgeous! :) I love the colour of the bark on the Crape Myrtles

Reaction score
I like Crapes because the bark is so smooth and I like it when the bark peels off. I don't normally plant annuals but pansies are so popular around here I thought I would give it a try. I planted them in October and they have been in constant bloom all winter. I hope they last into June before the heat gets them.

j.w

Reaction score
IMG_1051.JPG

Gosh there are so many trees that I would love to have and now this
Crape Myrtle has become one of them! Another one I want is the Paper Bark Maple and also a tree that is called the Seven Sons Tree. My neighbor has one and I keep trying to start one from hers but it won't work for me. Here is a picture of it and it get these little white blooms that smell wonderful!

Reaction score
That look really cool. We planted a paper birch last year near the pond because the bark is so interesting. I have at 14 crape myrtles in my yard of almost every color they come in.

Ask a Question