My schefflera plant is in some kind of trouble - again

Reaction score
Country
United States
I’ve had this schefflera for years. I brought her back from the brink of death using a systemic poison on a pest. It looked fabulous, and even survived having to live in a different space for 6 months, and then having to stay out on our northern exposed, wind tunnel of a deck for awhile. Now indoors again it is shedding leaves like crazy. It doesn’t seem to be the same pest that got her before. All I see is mottling on the back side of the leaf, and a bit of a crunching of the leaf. I’ve been spraying with Neem oil, which doesn’t seem to help. What am I up against here?
7DEAB694-275A-4EA0-88AE-617E335BF1C5.jpeg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Are those little raised bumps? Sort of hard? If so then look up something called oedema and see if that is what it is.

Reaction score
Country
United States
Yep, that’s what it seems to be. Thank you for your help Chuck!

Reaction score
Country
United States
Schefflera still shedding leaves like crazy, but also still producing healthy leaf babies. I’m trying to dry out the soil, but it’s taking a long time and the leaves are still falling off. How do I get the plant back to it’s normal, full self. Also, (and this is embarrassing) I have trouble spraying Neem Oil on the backs of the leaves. Do I have to bend the branches back? Every time I do that I lose leaves. I have arthritis in my wrist, so if I try bending my wrist back to get to the back of the leaves, it hurts.

Ask a Question