My Sad looking Umbrella Plant

Reaction score
Country
Viet Nam
I brought this plant 2 weeks ago at HD. They were having a sale and I brought her, a rubber plant and three ZZ plants. All of the other plants are doing well, except for the umbrella.

I repotted the plant in a mixture of C&S soil, orchid mix and some gritty mix I had left. I watered her very well in the kitchen sink. Now I am nervous because she seems "droopy". I do not want to give her any more water because I checked the little stick in her soil and it is really wet.

Is this the way an umbrella plant is suppose to look? This is my first umbrella plant and I do not want to loose her.

Thank you in advance for any guidance!!!

umbrellaplant2-jpg.291

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4b
Country
United States
I'm not really sure what to tell you. But I'd let that soil dry out a little and maybe put it in more sunlight. I had one a long time ago and I basically neglected it and it did fine. I'm sure there's someone here that will give you better advice.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
Yes, I agree, let it dry out. Right now, the plant will be in shock from the transplant, plus the root hairs are trying to emerge, but can only find water, no oxygen. If you put it closer to the light, that will help, but no direct sun, at least for a little while until it can recover. It may get worse before it's better, but have faith...

Ask a Question