IMG_0344.JPG
IMG_0345.JPG

SunshineAndSoil

Animal Lover
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
The plants here are, from the top down: lemon balm, peppermint, chamomile, catnip, and hyssop. The last pic just shows all of the pots together. I started these from seed earlier this year.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The plants here are, from the top down: lemon balm, peppermint, chamomile, catnip, and hyssop. The last pic just shows all of the pots together. I started these from seed earlier this year.
Is there a reason they are still in pots? They would probably do better if you dug a bed for them to go in the ground :unsure:

SunshineAndSoil

Animal Lover
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Is there a reason they are still in pots? They would probably do better if you dug a bed for them to go in the ground :unsure:
Yeah, I know. When I have time I will probably put the hyssop and chamomile in the ground. The others(catnip, lemon balm, peppermint) I think are all in the mint family, and I'm cautious about them escaping and running rampant through the garden. Especially the lemon balm. Also, I've been sort of lazy. :sneaky:

SunshineAndSoil

Animal Lover
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Interesting, clean looking plants! Do you eat your herbs? How do they taste compared to the store?
Thank you! I don't exactly eat them, occasionally I make tea, but I love smelling them and I have tasted a leaf or two of each to see what they taste like. Compared to store-bought? I wouldn't know, because I've never actually bought or even seen any of these at stores.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Yeah, I know. When I have time I will probably put the hyssop and chamomile in the ground. The others(catnip, lemon balm, peppermint) I think are all in the mint family, and I'm cautious about them escaping and running rampant through the garden. Especially the lemon balm. Also, I've been sort of lazy. :sneaky:
Tut tut, :rolleyes: ''Those who work their land will have abundant food'' ;)

Ask a Question