My plants are dying ??

tal

Reaction score
Country
Israel
I planted sunflowers seeds a month ago , and I had to transfer them to different pots so they will have enough space .
I tried to transfer them gently but sadly it's seem like I just made it worst..
They have yellow dots on their leaves and they doesn't looks so good ..
What do you think ? They can recover from this ?and how should I treat them to make them heal ?
IMG_20221113_213600.jpg
IMG_20221113_213554.jpg
IMG_20221113_213607.jpg

Meadowlark

No N-P-K Required
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
old zone 8b/new zone 9a
Country
United States
Heck, those don't look bad at all. The spots are on old original leaves probably from stress of transplant, but all three plants show very healthy, excellent new growth.

Now what happens?

These will soon outgrow those containers also. Sunflowers grow quickly. Many can achieve up to 12 feet of growth in only 3 months... depending on the variety you planted. They need full sun, hot temps, and minimal fertilizer.

So far, so good but what's your going forward plan?

tal

Reaction score
Country
Israel
Heck, those don't look bad at all. The spots are on old original leaves probably from stress of transplant, but all three plants show very healthy, excellent new growth.

Now what happens?

These will soon outgrow those containers also. Sunflowers grow quickly. Many can achieve up to 12 feet of growth in only 3 months... depending on the variety you planted. They need full sun, hot temps, and minimal fertilizer.

So far, so good but what's your going forward plan?

but they seem so weak and it seem like they havent grow at all those last day. i transplate them three days ago should i water them more so they will recover ? i usually water them when the grround is getting dry . the tempature over here is 26c at noon and 18c at night .

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Things don't happen quickly in the plant world. Three days, it is probably just realising the pot has changed, give them a bit of time. A bigger pot will hold more water, presumably you watered when you transplanted to help them settle in, I would carry on with your usual way of doing it, it looks like it was working well.
Think about where you are going to plant them out eventually, sunflower roots produce something that stops other plants growing in that soil.

Ask a Question