My plant YUCCA ELEPHANTIPES is dying :(

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I need help. I have a YUCCA ELEPHANTIPES in the living room but it is dying.
I’m not sure if it is some kind of fungus or if the conditions are not right. The leaves are turning yellow and falling off. The bottom leaves have all gone but I don’t know what to do to revive it.
Should I be using some kind of spray on the leaves….or repotting it.
It was moved into the living room where there is no direct sunlight…is this the issue?

Any help would be appreciated.

New to the forum so not sure how to post images…
Thanks

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I need help. I have a YUCCA ELEPHANTIPES in the living room but it is dying.
I’m not sure if it is some kind of fungus or if the conditions are not right. The leaves are turning yellow and falling off. The bottom leaves have all gone but I don’t know what to do to revive it.
Should I be using some kind of spray on the leaves….or repotting it.
It was moved into the living room where there is no direct sunlight…is this the issue?

Any help would be appreciated.

Now with images
PXL_20230108_163047527.jpg
PXL_20230108_163110005.jpg
PXL_20230108_163344072.jpg
PXL_20230108_163106744.jpg

Thanks

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
WAAAAYYY too cold! Unless low is 40*F or higher. They can TAKE colder, but only if they've been hardened off slowly. If the daytime high is safe but night is too cold (and you have time and energy) you can put it out and bring it back in at night. An alternative is the strongest full-spectrum lights you can find placed as close to all around it as you can put them.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
For most of it's life it was on a sheltered balcony...and thrived. It then moved into a living room with no direct sunlight unfortunately...
My issue is that because outside is the only place where it can get sunlight...it might not survive the cold nights...so I'll do as you say...move it in when it gets to the evening...

Are these things on the leaves anything to worry about?
PXL_20230108_163047527.jpg
PXL_20230108_163344072.jpg

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
You've been so helpful! Thank you. If you know a particular brand that would be effective in this case then please let me know. Would the soil need changing if there is an issue with these scale insects?
I feel like a might be in with a chance of reviving my plant. Am i right in thinking that the leaves at the bottom of the plant won't grow again?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
I'm not familiar with the availability of pesticides on your side of the pond, but something with acephate or dinotefuran will work. No, you don't need to change the soil. The insects are on the plant, not in the soil. You are correct that the lower leaves will not grow back. When you can put it back out on the balcony start feeding it with an all-purpose fertilizer.

Happy Plant Parenting!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm appreciative of the time and effort you took to answer my points. I'll look for products which match your description. I hope it's just not too late.

Thanks once again

Ask a Question