My pepper plants are looking better again!

Reaction score
My poor pepper plants were starting to look like they had better days. They were so healthy looking until after the first week of June when the rain started. By the third week of June a lot of leaves fell off and what leaves were left had turned yellow. They just couldn't handle the amount of rain we got all month. All the peppers that had started to grow fell off and I really started to think I was losing them.

Yesterday I noticed that they are starting to grow a few new peppers - tiny and not even flowered yet so I am hoping for the best! But the stems of these new growths are not yellow so that is a good sign :)

Hoping for the best!

Reaction score
Peppers don't like too much water. My plants have rotted away after the rains started. This happened despite the fact that I have provided a well drained soil for these plants. One plant which gets a lot of light from the grow light looks healthy even now. I do wish you the best, I hate to see plants dying.

Reaction score
Well, that's good news. It looks like your plants are starting to recover from the weather. Hopefully you won't get any rain for a while so that your plants can completely recover.
I, on the other hand, hope we get some rain in Miami today because it's brutally hot today and my plants could use some rain. I wish you luck with your pepper plants. I hope they come back completely.

Reaction score
Well, that's good news. It looks like your plants are starting to recover from the weather. Hopefully you won't get any rain for a while so that your plants can completely recover.
I, on the other hand, hope we get some rain in Miami today because it's brutally hot today and my plants could use some rain. I wish you luck with your pepper plants. I hope they come back completely.
It has been incredibly humid here on the days it hasn't rained. It has been so
humid that you can feel the heaviness as soon as you walk out the door.

The plants are looking better each day now with some new growth starting! I am hoping we don't get much rain this month but it is looking a bit overcast outside today.

Ask a Question