My passion flower

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
I have this one and thinking of getting the other color but problems is this one takes over
new pics of house 033.JPG
new pics of house 001.JPG
new pics of house 033.JPG
new pics of house 001.JPG

j.w

Reaction score
Those are so pretty sissy that I wouldn't mind them taking over! Do they grow in full sun or part shade?

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
yep it is a vine and i pulled out 20 babies today and it just sends up shoots all over the place .The ones I pulled up today were growing under my front porch and the vine started out at my side porch at least 15 ft or more from the new sprouts .The main part now a 4 woody stems coming up in 4 different areas of the side of the house ,I can't believe how it took off .It is only 3 years old .

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
they love heat they flower more when it is over 90 here they just like damp roots .So they should grow great I have had mine for 6 or 7 years now

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
not sure about there but mine love my house and have sprouted up every where .I just pulled 20 new vines out the other day

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
forgot they get a really down right sweet fruit on them

j.w

Reaction score
Might do nicely in some kind of spot where it wouldn't matter if they took over like along a fence or growing up a post/trellis in it's own small garden circle. That way any that tried to escape would just get mowed over w/ the mower.

Reaction score
Very pretty. It looks like the suckers that come up from my Passionfruit, must be the rootstock they grow them on here.
How long do they live for? The Passionfruit here usually only last about 7 years before they die. Mine is on its last legs with very little growth/foliage this past summer.

Reaction score
I have some pretty pictures of passion flowers. I love them so much that I keep photographing them when ever I see them on someones fence. Do they grow from seeds?
passion+flowers.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United States
I love passionflowers! They are so pretty and unusual looking. After reading about your experience with your vine I think I would use a container if I ever decide to grow one of my own. That way I could control the spreading of it a lot easier.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
passion flower fruit .taste extremely sweet .I just planted mine and now have to pull suckers all the time and very invasive .They are under my front porch now and even growing up through the floor boards and are also under my back deck

Attachments

• passion fruit elephant ears 001.JPG
    passion fruit elephant ears 001.JPG
    54.9 KB · Views: 505
  • passion fruit elephant ears 012.JPG
    passion fruit elephant ears 012.JPG
    126.1 KB · Views: 462
  • passion fruit elephant ears 007.JPG
    passion fruit elephant ears 007.JPG
    100.3 KB · Views: 487
  • waterfall 031.JPG
    waterfall 031.JPG