My Parterre 2012 to 2015

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
10a
Country
Australia
Looking through old photos and thought I'd share how my parterre evolved.
First I had a tree. Then I put a circle around it, Hebes to start with but took them out and planted English Box. Then I added a square. My parterre obsession still not satisfied I added triangles on each side. The next morning I looked out on it and saw it was a star. That was not the intention and at first I wasn't keen but now I am. I think I'm finished. :confused:
I'm really grateful for modern technology with the dates on these images as I do forget when I planted things. So this is 3
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
years of growth and whilst the hedge still has gaps it's pretty close. I do want to plant some "floppy" tall flowers in the triangles like I've seen is gardening magazines but still working on what to put in.

Reaction score
Amazing, I am glad you took picture of it after thinking you were done. I am just amazed to see how your paterre has evolved! Just gorgeous! In my opinion you are completely done with it :) it looks like a beautiful david star =D

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
10a
Country
Australia
Thanks Trellum. It has been called a Star of David before and as I said I did not intend it to be a star and it is most definitely a star. I was thinking I could call it a Star of Serendipity :LOL:.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
That is beautiful! So interesting to see how it has evolved over time :)

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
10a
Country
Australia
Thanks Becky. I can also see how the rest of my garden in the background has changed and grown since then, too.....3 years brings a lot of growth. The white pots in the background indicates my "Texie Path" , now my Texie Garden as shown in my recent post of the garden I grew from donations, cuttings and transplanting in the main....my "passalong garden", a term I have now adopted thanks to those forum. Thanks Marlingardener.:love:

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b or 10a
Country
United States
I LOVE your garden! MaryMary gave me your thread, because I asked a question about knot gardens. I've been growing one for several years. The boxes are all grown in and tight and this spring I intend on trimming the 'over and under' effect of knots. I made a pattern...so I wouldn't mess it up. Just have always loved knot gardens and I'm thrilled to see someone else does. It's 3 years after your photo...how is it now? Oh, how I wish I knew how to post a picture and could show you mine.

MaryMary

Quite Contrary
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States

Ask a Question