My orchids

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
My orchids are doing well at the moment so I thought I'd share some photos! I've got three Phalaenopsis orchids and one intergeneric orchid (not sure of the exact variety).

Here is the intergeneric orchid - it has been unhappy for a long while, but I have finally found a place for it where it has started to thrive! I think it was getting too much sunshine before. It has sprung a shoot, so I'm really looking forward to seeing the blooms:

Orchid 1.jpg

Here are the others - I've had the second one for the longest and it has been in constant bloom.

Orchid 2.jpg

Orchid 3.jpg

Orchid 4.jpg

:)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
Becky, your orchids are absolutely gorgeous:D The third one is my favorite. I love its shape and the color of its blooms. I always think that orchids are like small, living pieces of art. They're such exquisite and unique plants.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Thanks everyone! :)

I like that third photograph where they are positioned against the blinds. Quite beautiful!

It's my favourite too! Unfortunately the ones in front of the blinds have all their blooms facing out of the window, so I had to turn them around to take the photos. At least everyone outside has a nice view of them! ;)

Pat

Reaction score
Country
United States
Your Orchids are very pretty. I have wanted for some time to start a few orchids but have always been concerned that they are hard to take care of. I like the blooms on the plants, all of my indoor plants are leaf plants no blooms, I want to add color to the room.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
13b
Country
India
Good effort and I am glad you got to know what your orchid needs, (y)

I tried but no success. We need to create a greenhouse for them. But India has slots where orchids grow well. Kerala is one such State that orchids love and they thrive there.

This link has some info on Orchids.

http://www.celkau.in/Crops/Ornamental Crops/orchid.aspx

Ask a Question