Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United Kingdom
Daren submitted a new Showcase Item:

My Old Caravan Garden

I Bought & saved an old Caravan in 2001 On a site that is for me a wildlife haven not your normal regimented caravan site to wake up to. The birdsong all around is really special & plenty of Green space. The Garden back then Composed of Grass & Trees . But Me being a Vary Keen Gardener it did not take me long to get started on it. The Larger than normal Garden & vintage Van has been Great little projects I have had fun Tweaking, Working and inventing & reinventing, Tuning lol I can't put it in to words.

The caravan is a late 60s-early 70s Pembalton Built in England. It is off grid with No Electricity plumbed in, As I lost that little Cable to a Big house near by some years ago, So having lost it, I fancied being a bit of a Eco hippy Guy, so to speak! So my Power comes from Some second hand solar panel's on the roof & a small windmill. It is also filled with gas lights which is a good thing to have in winter as solar does not work so well in England at that time of year & my 20pound off a boat, second hand windmill in the trees is Never going to do Great things :). when I don't get the sun I need for powering up the Electric all night. I ripped out the gas Fire in favor of an old wood & solid fuel burner for heat. I salvaged that from an even older van that was in the middle of being scraped & crushed.

Ok On to the Garden ......Almost all the Prop's/ Pots/Planters/ Extra are things I have Acquired from tips, Skips & Rubbish dumps Planters range from.... Butler sinks, Bidet planer, Beer Barrel, Old Vintage Bespoke wheel, Bicycle, And so on.

Compost & mulch that all the plants grow in is made from all the my own home made compost, & almost all my plants are from cuttings, divided & Split Offering , that I have been given from other people, friends, Jobs & so on ....Perk of the job often is that I get paid to remove plants that then find there way to my little garden Sanctuary & all the garden wast I take off other jobs go's on my large compost heap and rots to make compost.

I do spend some money on the Garden & the biggest most years is normally my Rickety old balcony planters that I fill with summer flowers. After going round my day job doing everyone else's Gardens I just don't often get time for Starting Bedding off from seed. I am just to busy then so I Cheat and buy them rather than grow from seed as I just don't have the time or greenhouse to get them started.

Enjoy the pictures & I'll post some more from time to time as one does on...

Read more about this showcase item here...

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
How beautiful! I love what you have done with it all. The topiary is gorgeous! Did you do those paintings? Nice to put a face to a name too! :)

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United Kingdom
Fernsdaddy yes it is relaxing and lovely to sit in the garden on a summers day. Can't wait till spring is here again. Relaxing in the garden is a great pass time:)

How beautiful! I love what you have done with it all. The topiary is gorgeous! Did you do those paintings? Nice to put a face to a name too! :)
Thanks Becky Glade you like that Topiary:) Its Fun, a little Time consuming but I'm proud of how they turned out from little plants, in to all them different features. The Painting where saved from a Bin as the where being thrown away by someone a couple of years back

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
USDA Zone 11
Country
Mexico
Just glorious, your garden! I couldn't begin to describe it, there are delights in every direction, ever where one looks. It looks like a place full of elves and fairies:) and i guess some of them might be mischievous too.(y)

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United Kingdom
Just glorious, your garden! I couldn't begin to describe it, there are delights in every direction, ever where one looks. It looks like a place full of elves and fairies:) and i guess some of them might be mischievous too.(y)

Thanks for the lovely comments Beverly & O yes there are a few mischievous going on it that garden lol & I'm Blaming elves and fairies:LOL:

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Thanks Becky Glade you like that Topiary:) Its Fun, a little Time consuming but I'm proud of how they turned out from little plants, in to all them different features. The Painting where saved from a Bin as the where being thrown away by someone a couple of years back

I'm glad you rescued them, they're lovely! (y)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
How beautiful! Love what you've done with it!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Gorgeous garden!! You must be dreaming of summer too! You must spend a lot of time tending it to have it looking so beautiful and manicured. I tend to let mine get a little crazy. I hate to pull out poor little weeds and cut off the body parts of overgrown plants!! What if they can feel - oh my!!

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United Kingdom
Gorgeous garden!! You must be dreaming of summer too! You must spend a lot of time tending it to have it looking so beautiful and manicured. I tend to let mine get a little crazy. I hate to pull out poor little weeds and cut off the body parts of overgrown plants!! What if they can feel - oh my!!
Cheers Nancy Glade you like the garden Yes I spend a lot of time tending to the Garden & can be a little OT at times :)

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
10a
Country
Australia
Wow Daren.Incredible. Very inspiring. You must be on duty 24/7. I spent 6 hours straight in the garden today and there's not one spot that looks so neat and lovely. I'll try again tomorrow.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United Kingdom
Thanks DeborahJane glade you like it I am a bit of a gardening Nut nut lol have been for a long time:)

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United Kingdom
Daren updated My Old Caravan Garden

I, thought I'd do a little update of garden as a lot has changed since I last posted any on this thread. Some you may of seen on other threads & Many you may not have, but I'm sure your like the Pictures...........The new ones are all of the garden from January this year to August I hope you enjoy them At least half as much as I do taking them lol

View updates to this showcase item...

Ask a Question